Editing Avero's Logbook
Available in: All subscription levels
You understand how to access and navigate your different logbooks, but you aren't sure how to edit the logbook.
In this article, the following topics will be discussed:
- Changing the Logbook Date
- Adding an Entry into the Text Fields
- Editing a Text Entry
- Deleting a Text Entry
Changing the Logbook Date
The Logbook navigation toolbar contains quick date link buttons that make changing the Logbook date easy. When changing the logbook date, keep the following in mind:
- The date field provides the ability to change the logbook day by typing a date into the date field or by using the calendar to select a date.
- The Previous and Next day arrow buttons can be used to quickly navigate to the previous and next logbook days.
- To type a date into the date field, click the date shown and start typing. Follow the format of mm/dd/yy or mm-dd-yy.
Adding an Entry into the Text Fields
Text fields allow a user to create text entries that are displayed on the Logbook page. To make a logbook text entry, complete the following steps:
- Log into Avero and access the Logbook.
- Navigate to the Logbook you would like to utilize.
- Click the field to start typing.
- Once the entry is complete, click the Post button.
Please Note: The text entry field allows for multiple entries and a 10,000 character limit.
Editing a Text Entry
The text field allows a user to edit an entry after it has been posted. To edit a logbook text entry, complete the following steps:
- Hover over the posted logbook entry and click the Edit Entry pencil button.
- Type in new text
- Click the Post button once complete.
- When posted, the edited entry displays "edited" at the end of the entry.
Please Note: The user cannot edit other users' posts.
Deleting a Text Entry
In some instances, a text entry may need to be deleted within a Logbook. A text field allows a user to delete an entry after it has been posted. You cannot recover an entry once it has been deleted. To delete a text entry, complete the following steps:
- Log into Avero and access the Logbook
- Navigate to the Logbook you wish to view/edit
- Hover over the posted logbook entry
- Click the Delete Entry trash can button
- A pop-up will display, asking you to confirm that you would like permanently delete the entry.
- Click Delete
Please Note: Logbook administrators have the ability to delete any post, whereas non-administrators cannot delete other users' posts.