Managing Template Sections
Remember - you need to have the Logbook Special Role enabled to be able to edit templates.
Sections provide containers for organization within a logbook. When thinking about template sections, keep the following in mind:
- Users commonly divide their logbooks into two or more sections. A template must have at least one section.
- Common section naming schemes include BOH/FOH and Brunch/Lunch/Dinner.
- A user can create any section scheme that helps them organize their logbook.
- Sections included in a template appear on the logbook page for any logbooks assigned the template.
In this article, the following topics will be discussed:
- Adding a Section to a Template
- Editing a Template Section
- Adding Fields to a Section
- Editing Fields within a Section
Adding a Section to a Template
To add a template section, complete one of the following:
- Use the Add Section button to add a section to the end of the template.
- Use the Insert Section button to insert a section between two existing sections.
Please Note: The user cannot save the template until a name is provided for the section, and the section name must be unique within the template.
Editing a Template Section
You can edit the names of sections within a template using the template configuration form. When editing a section, keep the following in mind:
- Editing a section name in a template will change that section's name in future logbook pages for all logbooks assigned that template.
- Each section in the template includes a delete button for removing the section from the template.
- If the section is the only section in the template, the delete button is disabled.
- Deleting a section from a template deletes that section from future logbook pages for all logbooks assigned that template.
- Change a section's position within a template by clicking the up and down arrows to the left of the section.
Each section in a template includes a snapshot for displaying key sales metrics in Logbook.
Use the Meal Periods and Revenue Centers drop-downs to apply filters to the data included in a section's snapshot. By default, snapshots include data for all meal periods and all revenue centers.
Please Note: Revenue Centers available in the snapshot filters are the Standard revenue centers so that a single template can be used across several locations.
Adding Fields to a Section
Sections can optionally include fields, which are used for recording notes or building checklists within a logbook. A newly added section contains no fields by default. To add a field, complete the following steps:
Use the Add Field button to add a field at the end of the section.
- Click the Add Field button. A field will be added to the end of the section
- Click the Insert Field button to insert a field between two existing fields.
- Clicking these buttons will display a menu for selecting the desired field type.
- Use the checkbox field option for building a checklist and the text field option for taking text notes.
To insert a field between two existing fields, use the Insert Field button
Editing Fields within a Section
You can edit the fields within a section. When editing a field, keep the following in mind:
- All fields must have name and field names must be unique within the section.
- You can edit the names of fields within a template using the template configuration form.
- Editing a field name in a template changes that field's name in future logbook pages for all logbooks assigned that template.
- Each field includes a delete button for deleting the field from the section. Deleting a field from a template deletes that field from future logbook pages for all logbooks assigned that template.
- Change a field's position within a section by clicking the up and down arrows to the left of of the field.