Managing Template Sections
Available in: All subscription levels
Remember - you need to have the Logbook Special Role enabled to be able to edit templates.
Sections provide containers for organization within a logbook. When thinking about template sections, keep the following in mind:
- Users commonly divide their logbooks into two or more sections. A template must have at least one section.
- Common section naming schemes include BOH/FOH and Brunch/Lunch/Dinner.
- A user can create any section scheme that helps them organize their logbook.
- Sections included in a template appear on the logbook page for any logbooks assigned the template.
In this article, the following topics will be discussed:
- Adding a Section to a Template
- Editing a Template Section
- Adding Fields to a Section
- Editing Fields within a Section
Adding a Section to a Template
To add a template section, complete one of the following:
- Use the Add Section button to add a section to the end of the template.
- Use the Insert Section button to insert a section between two existing sections.
Please Note: The user cannot save the template until a name is provided for the section, and the section name must be unique within the template.
Editing a Template Section
You can edit the names of sections within a template using the template configuration form. When editing a section, keep the following in mind:
- Editing a section name in a template will change that section's name in future logbook pages for all logbooks assigned that template.
- Each section in the template includes a delete button for removing the section from the template.
- If the section is the only section in the template, the delete button is disabled.
- Deleting a section from a template deletes that section from future logbook pages for all logbooks assigned that template.
- Change a section's position within a template by clicking the up and down arrows to the left of the section.
Each section in a template includes a snapshot for displaying key sales metrics in Logbook.
Use the Meal Periods and Revenue Centers drop-downs to apply filters to the data included in a section's snapshot. By default, snapshots include data for all meal periods and all revenue centers.
Please Note: Revenue Centers available in the snapshot filters are the Standard revenue centers so that a single template can be used across several locations.
If you would like to filter your revenue, but are unsure of which standard meal periods and revenue centers to use, run a category sales report for Actual revenue centers/meal periods, then for Standard and compare to identify. If revenue is reporting to the wrong standard rvc, you can request changes by opening a ticket with Avero Support.
Available Standard Revenue Centers:
Multiple Actual revenue centers can be applied to the same Standard revenue center. These are typically mapped when you are installed but can be changed by opening a ticket with Avero Support. If you have added new revenue centers, you may need to request that they be mapped.
- Dining Room (this is a distinct RVC, not a summary of all dining outlets)
- Room Service
- Unknown / Other
Available Standard Meal Periods:
Multiple Actual meal periods can be applied to the same Standard meal period. These are typically mapped when you are installed but can be changed by opening a ticket with Avero Support. If you have added new meal periods, you may need to request that they be mapped.
- All Day (this is a distinct meal period, not a summary of daytime meal periods)
- All Night (this is a distinct meal period, not a summary of nighttime meal periods)
- Late Night
How can I check my current Standard RVCs in use?
This is easily done by running a quick Avero report. Open the Sales by Meal Period report and set the RVC filter to 'Standard' to view where revenue is currently going.
Can I customize the Logbook sales snapshot to include specific metrics?
Each section in your logbook automatically includes a data snapshot for the day's sales - this can be filtered to specific revenue centers or meal periods, but the included metrics cannot be manipulated or customized. The logbook is a helpful place to combine shift notes and context with high-level sales information and a historical touchpoint - like Same Day Last Week or Same Day Last Year.
To customize or configure the sales information you need, turn to your sales reporting and analytics options in Aero! Your Avero reports are available to provide you with addition insight in how your business is operating and can be set up to be emailed daily, weekly or monthly and these reports can be configured and scheduled according to your business needs. You can also setup a dashboard(s) to view multiple saved reports on a single page upon logging in, like a Daily Sales Report.
Adding Fields to a Section
Sections can optionally include fields, which are used for recording notes or building checklists within a logbook. A newly added section contains no fields by default. To add a field, complete the following steps:
Use the Add Field button to add a field at the end of the section.
- Click the Add Field button. A field will be added to the end of the section
- Click the Insert Field button to insert a field between two existing fields.
- Clicking these buttons will display a menu for selecting the desired field type.
- Use the checkbox field option for building a checklist and the text field option for taking text notes.
To insert a field between two existing fields, use the Insert Field button
Editing Fields within a Section
You can edit the fields within a section. When editing a field, keep the following in mind:
- All fields must have name and field names must be unique within the section.
- You can edit the names of fields within a template using the template configuration form.
- Editing a field name in a template changes that field's name in future logbook pages for all logbooks assigned that template.
- Each field includes a delete button for deleting the field from the section. Deleting a field from a template deletes that field from future logbook pages for all logbooks assigned that template.
- Change a field's position within a section by clicking the up and down arrows to the left of of the field.