Using Logbook On-the-Go
All users of Avero Logbook have the option to use the Avero Logbook mobile app for basic logbook functions. The mobile app allows you to quickly enter, edit, and view logbook notes from your phone, to avoid waiting until you are able to reach a computer. Like the Logbook on the web, through the mobile app, you can create, edit, and view logbook entries as well as snapshots, weather, and event data.
This article will cover the following topics:
- Install the Logbook App
- Navigating the Logbook Mobile App
- Making Logbook Entries
- Editing and Deleting Text Entries
- Viewing Weather & Events
Install Avero Logbook App
The Avero Logbook mobile app is currently only available for iOS. A new version for Android is in development.
To successfully download the Logbook App, complete the following steps:
1. Search for Avero Logbook in the App Store for iOS or Play Store for Android.
2. Log-in using your Avero username and password. Please note: Usernames and passwords are case-sensitive.
Navigating the Logbook Mobile App
No matter where you are, you can easily navigate the Logbook Mobile App. See below for some tips on navigating the features:
- Upon login, the app displays the current business day for the user's logbook
- If the user has access to more than one logbook, the app displays the first logbook in the list of the user's logbooks. To view a different logbook, tap the logbook name at the top of the page and select the desired logbook from the list
- Logbook sections and fields are arranged vertically. Swipe the logbook page to view any additional fields and sections further down the page
- To change logbook day to the previous or next day, tap the left and right arrows at the top of the app. Tap the date to open the calendar date picker. Select a specific day from the calendar, or use the SDLW, SDLY, and TODAY shortcut buttons to jump to a comparison day
- Log out of the app by tapping on the menu icon on the top right, and selecting Sign Out
Making Logbook Entries
The Logbook mobile app displays all fields in the logbook, including any text and checkbox fields. Enter your notes on-the-go by completing the following steps:
- To make a text entry, tap the "Add entry..." text area for the desired field
- Input notes
- Tap the Post button to save the entry to the logbook
- To check a checkbox field, tap anywhere on the checkbox field
- Tap a second time to un-check a checkbox.
Editing and Deleting Text Entries
If you need to edit or delete a previously submitted text entry, complete the following steps:
- Tap an existing text entry to access the text entry menu
- Select to either Edit or Delete the entry
Please Note: the user can only edit their own text entries and only users with the Logbook special role can delete any text entry.
Viewing Weather & Events
Each logbook page shows a summary of Weather and Events at the top. To get more insight, complete the following steps:
- To view the weather & event details, tap anywhere in the Weather and Events summary area
- The Weather and Events details page will display the full list of any events
- Use the SDLW/SDLY buttons to compare the logbook day's details to the details for comparison days