Creating & Managing Dashboards
Available in: All subscription levels
Are you interested in creating a custom dashboard in Avero, allowing for easy, up-to-date insights? When creating a custom dashboard, keep the following in mind:
- Creating a custom dashboard will allow you to view charts and tables of information as soon as you log in.
- You can pin any report with a dynamic date range (yesterday, MTD, YTD).
- Dashboards are automatically updated at the end of each business day.
- Dashboards can be shared with your team for consistent performance bench-marking.
- As dashboards are automatically updated at the end of each business day, your custom dashboard will provide you with an overview of your business' performance on a daily basis!
In this article, the following topics will be discussed:
Want us to walk you through it?
If you're currently logged into Avero, click to launch our pop-up guide to see how: Create Dashboards
You must be logged in to launch the guide, open another tab in your browser and log in before clicking the guide link!
Creating a Dashboard
In order to create a dashboard, you must first add a report to your New or existing Dashboard. To pin a report, follow the below steps:
- Click on the speedometer icon next to your visualization or table of information in the Avero report you would like to pin.
- If you would like this report to have a different title within your dashboard, you must rename the widget.
- Select the Dashboard where you would like to pin the report. Or, create a new Dashboard to add it to.
- Select the columns you would like to include
- If the report is not showing as expected on your dashboard, column selection is usually the issue - try again making sure to check all the columns you want!
- Press Create!
Why don't I see the speedometer icon to pin my report?
Reports can only be pinned to your dashboard if they are run with dynamic dates. Dynamic dates update automatically as time progresses. For example, MTD or Month-to-date will always be the current month and will automatically roll over into a new month, but 7/1-7/31 range report will always be July and not update when the month is over. If you're missing the icon, make sure your report is set to a dynamic date and not fixed dates.
Editing an Existing Dashboard
You can edit the name and widget arrangement of your existing dashboards using the edit and move icons.
Editing the arrangement of your existing Dashboards
To edit the arrangement of your existing Dashboard, you must navigate to the sidebar.
1. Click the dashboard tab in the sidebar to view your existing dashboards
2. Click and drag the three-bar icon to rearrange your dashboards up or down
Editing your existing Dashboard Widgets
When editing the widgets in an existing Dashboard, keep the following in mind:
- Use the icons in the upper right-hand corner of each widget to show filters, remove widgets, or rearrange widgets within the dashboards.
- Rename your dashboard or widget by clicking the pencil icon
Please Note: You can hover over some reports to view additional details and drill into any hyperlink you see within a widget.
Changing the filters or businesses on a Dashboard report
If your business adds new outlets, revenue centers, etc and you want to include new information or remove old from your dashboard report, you'll run the report, make the changes and save it again.
- Click the title of the report to run it with the current settings.
- Make the changes you want in the Report Generator: check off additional businesses, remove filters that no longer apply, etc.
- Click Run.
- Click the Speedometer icon to save the new report to the dashboard.
- Return to the dashboard and delete the old report.
Deleting an Existing Dashboard
It is possible to delete an existing Dashboard. To do this, follow the below steps:
- Go into the Dashboard you wish to delete.
- Delete all widgets individually from the dashboard. This must be done before you can delete the Dashboard.
- Click on the trash can icon to delete the Dashboard.
Please sign in to leave a comment.