Do you have multiple businesses with overlapping information? The Data Copy tool allows you to transfer your FCM setup from one location to another with ease. This is intended for use during setup, and if the other location already has items and recipes created, you may encounter errors if the data fails to match between locations.
In this article, the following topics will be discussed:
What Can Be Copied?
When using the Data Copy tool, you can copy the following information:
- Vendor Only: If your outlets share vendor information, but have different product lists, choose this option. Only the names of the vendors will copy over
- Products & Vendors*: If your outlets use the same products from the same Vendors, choose this one.
- Recipes (with POS codes), Products, & Vendors*: If your outlets are completely the same and even use the same POS numbers choose this one.
- Recipes (without POS codes), Product, & Vendors*: If your outlets are completely the same but use different POS numbers choose this one
Please Note: When copying the above information (*), the storage areas and product ranking configuration will be copied over too.
Using The Data Copy Tool
To properly use the Data Copy Tool, complete the following steps:
- First, go to Settings
- Navigate to Vendor Set Up
- Select the Data Copy tab.
- Select the outlet you have set up and want to copy from.
- Select the outlet you would like to copy to.
- Select what data to copy
- Hit the Go Button
Be advised that this tool is no longer supported. It is still available for use but will not receive troubleshooting assistance.