Avero's Waste Tracker is a great tool to account for and keep track of any products that are thrown away due to expiration dates, damages, or prep error.
In this article, the following topics will be discussed:
To ensure waste for a product, complete the following steps:
- Click Inventory
- Navigate to Waste Tracker
- In the Add Waste area, search for the product you are needing to add waste for by typing the name and hitting enter or clicking on the magnifying glass.
- The Add Waste Search List will pop up with all of the products that contain the search term you entered.
- Click on the plus sign to select the product you are looking for.
- Enter the quantity, unit, reason, and any notes you may have.
5. Click the "Add" button to remove the amount from your inventory.
Please Note: Waste will be accounted for on the day you enter the waste into the system. It cannot be backdated. Additionally, entries can be deleted by simply clicking on the garbage can icon.