Avero's Promotion (Comp) Summary Report
Available in: Essentials and Professional subscriptions
Avero’s Promotion Summary report provides insights on specific promotions, sometimes called comps, so you can determine the effectiveness of your marketing efforts and identify any associated fraud. This report will also help you make data-driven decisions around which promotions resonate with your customers. In this article, we will discuss the following:
Running a Promotion Summary Report
If your business is subscribed to this module, the Promotion Summary Report is located under the Promos & Voids heading in your toolbar. This report will show you promotions broken down by:
- promotion type
- promo item qty
- promo $
- % gross sales
- check quantity
- major category
- authorizing employee and item.
- Major category & item will not be shown on check-level promotions, only item-level promotions. For more detail about the difference, see our guide: Understand Gross Sales and Net Sales
- Some POS types do not support Authorizing Employee information, if you do not see Authoring Employee, select your POS system from our list of *Avero POS Integrations to view any data points your system does not supply.
Want us to walk you through it?
If you're currently logged into Avero, click to launch our pop-up guide to see how: How To: Run a Promotion Summary Report
You must be logged in to launch the guide, open another tab in your browser and log in before clicking the guide link! Please Note: This report is available in Essentials and Professional Packages only, Starter Tier businesses will not be able to view this report.
Viewing the Promotion Summary Report
The Promotion Summary Visualization will display as a pie chart. Keep the following in mind when viewing this chart:
- The colored bubbles represent the promotion type. You are able to click these colored bubbles to omit a promotion type if you would like.
- Use the drop-down menu to toggle between promo item qty, promo $ and % of gross sales.
- Click the Speedometer icon to add this graph to your dashboard.
- Adding this graph to your dashboard will allow you to see an updated Promotion Summary visualization each time you log into the Avero platform.
When viewing the table report, you can drill down to get further insights by clicking into any of the blue hyperlinks.
- The Check Qty hyperlink will take you to the Check Search, which will allow you to evaluate all checks with that promotion type rung in.
- The Major Category, Employee, Authorizing Employee & Item hyperlinks will take you into the Promotion Detail Report.
Send this report to your managers automatically:
Set up an Email Schedule...
Click the Envelope to set up an email schedule.
... OR Pin it to your Dashboard.
Click the Speedometer to add to your Dashboard.
Please sign in to leave a comment.