Explore Avero's New Group Item Sales Reporting
We at Avero are always looking for ways to improve the business insights you can gain from reporting and analytics. We look beyond the numbers in a spreadsheet or fiscal reporting cycles to bring you up-to-date, agile analytics at your fingertips to help Save Time, Drive Revenue, Protect Profits, and Manage Costs for you and your business.
Let's take a look at Avero's latest - enhanced Group Item Sales Reporting
About the new Group Item Sales Report
Why deliver a new report? We've improved some features, such as updating the date-picker, to be easier to use and focus on the most-used selections. We streamlined some metrics based on real customer feedback and usage. Most importantly, we've introduced some fun new items like at-a-glance tiles providing a high-level view and improved default metrics. Plus, the ability to include multiple businesses/outlets in one PMIX/Group Item Sales Report!
Navigation - How to Find the NEW Group Item Sales Report
In your navigation pane, you'll find the new report, labeled Group Item Sales in the Sales section. Note that this report displays item-level sales detail broken out by business or property.
If you're looking to run a consolidated view for multiple businesses all rolled up together, use out Multi-Location Item Sales Report.
Report Generator Updates - How to Run the Group Item Sales Report
The date filter is now located above the report generator with important contextual dates. Now, it’s even easier to select a common date range, such as yesterday, WTD, MTD, or YTD with our quick filters. Just Click and Go!
- Our new Group Item Sales Report allows you to include multiple businesses in your report. You can see all outlets at your property in one Group Item Sales Report, or all Grab ‘n’ Go concepts across your whole organization.
- We now automatically group your business by property, reducing the time needed to manually select businesses to see item sales for your whole property, simply select your property and all outlets will be included.
- Property (where eligible) is now built into the location filter, to allow hotel customers to evaluate their item sales at the property level, without running multiple reports.
The report will return POS Items rolled up by category and broken out by business or property. Select which category type you would like to see: Global, Major, or Minor.
Remember, Major and Minor Categories come from your POS, and Avero adds Global Categories for your convenience. You might have a Minor Category for Salads, which rolls up to a Major Category of Appetizers, in the Global Category of FOOD. Selecting Category type allows you to choose how granular you want this report to be!
Making selections, the complete process:
- Select your date range from the quick-clicks
- Select your businesses
- Choose a Category Level, then make selections for which to include
- Click RUN!
Report Updates - How to View and Interpret the Group Item Sales Report
Viewing the new Group Item Sales Report will be slightly different from our other reports.
You'll still be able to collapse/expand categories and sort the tables to efficiently digest the data in your reporting:
Above the table report, you'll now see Tiles. These are contextual, high-level information available at-a-glance. Quickly see the number of checks or covers and high-level sales information. The full report is available in the table below.
Improved Default Metrics
We've updated the automatically included metrics to feature the most-requested and best-loved metrics from our existing reporting and reduced the setup to get you a report so you can hit the ground running with your findings.
The new Group Item Sales Report will automatically include the following metrics:
- Quantity Sold: The number of items sold in the time frame of the report, across all included businesses
- Gross Sales: The total amount of revenue associated with this item or category's sales during the timeframe of the report, across all included businesses
- Net Sales: The sales revenue for this item or category, less discounts/comps/promotions, across all included businesses
- Average Item Price: The average price this item was sold for, across all sales in the included timeframe of the report, across all included businesses
- Item/Cover %: This refers to 'popularity', out of all covers served in the included timeframe, what % ordered this item? 50% means half of all guests served ordered this item. 200% means all guests served ordered two of these items (such as multiple glasses of the same wine).
How can I share feedback about this new report?
If you have access, log in and navigate to the Group Item Sales page. Here you'll see our walk-through of the updated and newly added features. After running a few reports, you'll be invited to share your feedback! We'd like users to use the report a few times before providing feedback so we can continue to improve the report before expanding access to all users.
Frequently Asked Questions about Group Item Sales Report
What does Group mean? Is it different from Multi-Location?
Our Group Item Sales Report allows you to view item sales across multiple businesses or properties and displays the results broken out by the individual business or property- so you can compare the outlets or locations against each other.
Multi-location Item Sales Report also runs and displays item sales across multiple businesses or entire properties but data for the selected businesses/properties all roll up into a single report. Allowing you to view your item sales in aggregate - in a single list - for all the included businesses.
Item Sales for all businesses in one list = Multi-Location Item Sales Report
Item Sales for all businesses listed individually by business or property = Group Item Sales Report
How can I learn to use this report?
Training for any Avero report is available in the big, purple question mark in the bottom right-hand corner of your Avero screen. Select Training and search for Group Item Sales!
Can I export this report?
Of course! You'll notice a CSV icon in the top-right of your report. This will download the report results into an easy-to-use CSV file.
Why does the Group Item Sales Report show our sales in US Dollars when we use local currency?
This new report is still under development and does not yet have all of the features the finished report will have. One of the features not yet introduced is the currency conversion or currency special characters. All Group Item Sales Reporting will show the accurate sales from your POS, and the values will be of the currency the sales were recorded in, but they will all be displayed as though they were in USD (with a $ symbol).
- Your sales have not been converted to USD, they are just being shown with the default ($) symbol and this cannot be changed in your report at this time.
- Sales cannot be converted between currencies - this feature will be added in the future but is not currently available for this new report.
- All sales will be in local currency but with the $ symbol, which will make multiple businesses total up as though they were Dollars when different currencies are in use. Due to the inability to distinguish between currencies, we recommend you limit your new report to one currency at a time to reduce confusion.