Avero's Service Summary
The Service Summary is a key tool to improve server performance, raise your average check, and ensure consistent dining experiences for your guests. This article helps you identify your top, middle, and bottom performers so that you can coach your team to success.
In this article, the following topics will be discussed:
Running a Service Summary
The Service Summary tab is located under the Service tab within Avero.
Using the Report Generator
Like every Avero report, the Service Summary report has a unique Report Generator to help you filter your results. Once you have made your selections, hit the Go button.
For instructions on how to utilize the Report Generator, reference this article.
Viewing the Service Summary
The Service Summary will generate a visualization of your server's average check and also a full table of information about server performance. When viewing the table, keep the following in mind:
- Stars are used to highlight the top 20% of your service team and red dots to identify the bottom 20%.
- The main metric you will find in the service summary is your gross average check per server. Scrolling to the bottom will allow you to see your service team’s average check and then you can see the variance between each server. We also list their gross sales and tip % to have other key metrics available.
- You can choose to evaluate servers based on net average check.
- Lost Sales Opportunity is highlighted in the table. This shows a server's difference from the team average check multiplied by the number of guests they saw during this time period. This is the amount of money this server is leaving on the table for your restaurant - if they had the same check average as the team average they would have sold this much more revenue.
Please Note: If you notice any servers in your results who are no longer with your restaurant, worked limited shifts during the time period, or are still in training you can check the box by the server name to exclude them from the report. Don't worry, if you incorrectly exclude someone you can always add them back in!
Sharing the Service Summary
All operators have different approaches to sharing this information with their teams. Some will post the full summary in a common area (where you post the schedule or updates for the team). Others will highlight the top servers to give them a special shout out for sales performance. When considering sharing the Service Summary with your team, keep the following in mind:
- Your approach depends on your team culture and management style. However, most clients post the full summary so that your top, average, and bottom servers can all leverage this data to improve their performance and tips.
- You can export the summary to PDF to post in your restaurant.
- You can export to Excel if you are adding any key performance metrics not included in this report for employee evaluations.
- You can setup an emailed report to send on the first day of each month.