On-Premise Help: Sending Diagnostics
These are instructions for On-Premise POS Systems (this means you have a POS Server on site that runs your POS and stores your data) which run locally installed software, the Avero Data Extraction Utility or DEU, to extract and send your daily sales data.
Here are the steps for sending Diagnostics for an On-Premise POS system. On-premise means you have a server on-site at your restaurant that runs your point of sale system. Common examples are Aloha, Micros, Digital Dining, PosiTouch, PixelPoint, or Restaurant Manager, among others.
If you are having problems with your data reliably populating in Avero in time for your reports, take these steps to send a Diagnostics Report to Avero Support and open a ticket for assistance.
- Open the Avero Data Extraction Utility (DEU) and click Options.
- The DEU is typically found on the PC's desktop. If it's not, use windows to search for Avero, and you should find it.
- The icon looks like this:
- If Options requests a password this indicates that you need to update your DEU, it takes about 2-5 minutes and the instructions are here: DEU Update On Demand
- Select the Diagnostics tab
- Click Send Diagnostics
- This will automatically send a diagnostics report to Avero Support
- Open a ticket with Avero support <- follow this link and fill out the short form, describing your problem, and indicate that you've already sent a Diagnostics report.
If you open a ticket with Avero support for an on-premise system without a Diagnostics report, they will request this first as it is needed to assist in identifying and repairing your issue.
Please sign in to leave a comment.