If your business is new to Avero, this is the place to get comfortable leveraging your data for insights into your business to save time, protect profits, and more!
You can get started before your restaurant is even installed, see our pre-data guide here: New Business - Getting Started, Pre-Data
Now that your business is installed and data is flowing, let's check out some analytics!
Now that you are an Avero user, here's how to get rolling. If you are not yet an Avero user, ask your property admin to invite you, and read on to get ahead of the game!
Moving forward be sure to stay up-to-date with all things Avero! Our blog and social media contain tips, best practices, and publish industry reports for cities and regions!
First Things First
Your first steps are:
- Learn how to navigate
- Inviting your team (if your business is new to Avero)
- Learn how to run a report
- Check your Data Quality
- Setting up your dashboard
- Learning how to get training and help when you need it
This training will give you a brief overview of the essential functions within Avero and will provide a great introduction to new and existing users.
When you are invited, you'll receive an email invitation, click that link to set up your user profile. Once you have a username and password you can log in. The Avero login page is: login.averoinc.com
If you have trouble logging in, use the Forgot Username or Forgot Password links below the log in box or visit our troubleshooting article: I Can't Log In! Usernames are case-sensitive, so be sure to double check before saving your username and password to your browser!
Your page when logging in will default to your dashboard. Below we will describe how to find User Profile, Settings Menu, Navigation Pane, Training & Support Menu, and Productivity Tools.
When you are logged in, the top right will contain the links to your:
and Settings Menu
Note that your settings menu may have more or fewer options, all of the Special Roles that are assigned to you will appear here, such as Users & Teams or Inventory Setup
The bottom right will contain a big purple question mark - this is where you will launch training, ask questions, open support tickets, and access our Knowledge Base.
The left-hand side contains a collapsable menu with all the sections you have access to based on your subscription tier. This is how you will navigate to specific reports:
There are sections such as Sales, Labor, Revenue Management, click on a section to expand it and select specific report/analysis types.
We also have some productivity tools in tabs along the top:
Find more information on these here:
Run a Report
Once you can run a report, you can Save and Share Reports! We recommend automating the reports you know you need regularly so you can focus on more important things. Set it and forget it!
Want us to walk you through it? Log into Avero and click this link to launch our pop-up tutorial: New User Tutorial: Running a Report
Check your Data Quality
Avero allows you to slice and dice your data to perform sophisticated analysis built from the line items on every check your restaurant produces. This is more dynamic than most POS reporting, and as a result, it can expose some deficiencies in the data programming. We recommend all new customers take a moment to check their data quality. This takes about 10 minutes.
- First, check your business(es) - are sales present?
- Check your Gross & Net Sales
- Some POS Systems calculate sales differently, Avero uses industry standards for hospitality accounting which may differ from the logic used by your POS. Read more about this here: Understand Gross Sales and Net Sales
- Open your specific POS Guide by selecting your POS from this list: *Avero POS Integrations
- Then, run an Item Sales Report as a Trend of the last 7 days for Gross Sales, compare this to your recent POS reports
- Run the same report again for Net Sales, and compare this to your POS reports
- Check your Categorization and Programming of Menu Items
- Read more about Categories here: Categories
- If you have Essentials or Professional subscription, run a Category Sales Report set to Minor Categories, this will show you all your categories and how they roll up to each other:
- The highest level Categories are Global Categories - if you want to change how your Categories roll up to the top level, ask Avero Support for assistance in changing this.
- Below are the Major and Minor Categories from your POS, based on what you see here you may want to update your POS programming to better suit your analytic needs. Having data organized in a way that supports analysis will make all your efforts faster and more effective.
- If you are using Avero Starter - Run an Item Sales Report to view your categorization.
You may also want to check more specific items, like your Meal Periods or Order Types, if desired. If you see any problems, open a ticket with Avero Support using the big, purple question mark in the bottom right-hand corner of your Avero screen.
Set Up a Data-Driven Dashboard
Avero dashboards are a fantastic way to put all the at-a-glance info you want to see every day. This could include a rolling trend of category sales, gross sales for yesterday or month-to-date, labor expenses, or up-to-date info on a contest you're running!
Want us to walk you through it? Log into Avero and click this link to launch our pop-up tutorial: New Users: Create Dashboards
Training & Support
The first time you log in you will auto-launch our User Training. This will guide you through the product to orient you, it is just a few clicks to get you off on the right foot. If you need to return to this training at any time just visit the big purple question mark in the bottom right corner.
Admin users will have the same experience but with our Admin Training.
To activate more training guides visit our Training Center by going to the big purple question mark.
Ask a question any time about how to run a report, how certain numbers are calculated, where to find a solution, or ask about best practices. Our AveroBot will comb our robust Knowledge Base and deliver an answer to you. If AveroBot doesn't have the answer right then, submit a request and your answer will be emailed to you.
If something isn't working as it should, we have help available!
For a right now solution, visit our Troubleshooting section of the Knowledge Base. This can help you find instant resolution for most common issues - such as the new report you set up got sent without any sales in it, or your data is missing for yesterday.
If that doesn't work, visit the purple question mark and fill out a ticket form. Be sure to complete all the fields so our support team can review your issue and provide a resolution!
More Setup Links
Depending on your position and what you're using Avero for you may want to complete some additional setup. Here are some helpful starting links for setting up various features and roles:
- Create Your First Logbook Template
- Admin Users Setup
- Business Mapping Instructions
- Labor Setup
- Set Up: Vendors, Storage Areas and Products in Food Cost Management