New Location Added - Necessary Admin Updates
Congratulations on adding a new location!
If you are an Avero customer and recently added a new location, you will need to make some updates to incorporate your new location into your current automated reporting.
See below for your next steps!
- Set up a Logbook
- Add new location to emailed reports and dashboards
- Find the guide to your new POS
Step One: Adding Users and Updating Business Access
As an Avero Admin, you have control over who has access to your data in Avero and which reports they see when they sign in. Not sure if you're an Admin? Click on Settings in the top right corner of your Avero account. If you see Users and Teams, you're an Admin!
Inviting New Users
Open a tab & log in to Avero, then click this link to activate our tutorial on adding new users: Admin Tutorial: Adding New Users
Or complete the following steps:
- Click on Settings in the top right corner of Avero and select Users & Teams
- Select the Invite New Users tab.
- Type in the user's email address in the blank box on the left. If you need to invite more than one user, who will have the same level of access, you can add multiple emails in one blank. Be sure to separate them with a semi-colon. If you are inviting users with different access levels, you'll need to use one line per user. This way you can define a different team or set of business access.
- Select Assign Business and choose which of your businesses this user should have access to. If you only have one location in Avero, you still need to assign that business to your users.
- Next, assign a Team using the drop-down menu in that column.
- If you would like this user to be an admin as well, toggle the button to Yes in the Admin column.
- Special Roles are important for your users to access setup features, like Logbook Setup. Select the Assign Roles button to select the applicable roles for this user.
- Select Send Invitations.
If you are having trouble inviting users, see our troubleshooting guide: Troubleshooting Inviting a New User
Updating Business Access for Existing Users
Visit the Manage Users tab and check the box next to the user you would like to edit. You can then see the available actions light up at the top of the table, select the action you would like to take:
- Change Business Access (check the relevant box to give the user access to the recently added location(s))
Step Two: Set up Logbook for the new location
Before logbook pages for a particular logbook are visible to any users, the logbook must be activated.
To activate a logbook, complete the following steps:
- Click the toggle under the Active column in the Logbook Management table.
- To completely activate the logbook, you must assign a template to the logbook.
Assigning a Template
Assigning a template is a required step when activating a logbook. 2 or more logbooks can share a single template, but a logbook can have only one assigned template at any given time.
When assigning a template to a logbook, you can either select an existing template from the list of available templates or choose to Create a New Template.
- Don't have a template you like? See our guides to assist in creating a new one:
Step Three: Update emailed reports to include the new location
Who can edit a Logbook email?
Only the creator of the Logbook email can edit the email settings. The creator can add the new location to an existing group logbook email, or any user can set up a new logbook email for just the team at the new location.
To find the creator of an existing logbook email, scroll to the bottom of a recently received emailed report; the creator is listed in the footer, under Avero's address.
Editing Scheduled Logbook Emails
To view a scheduled logbook email, please complete the following steps:
- Navigate to Logbook
- Use the Envelope Icon to open email setup
The Logbook Emails setup allows the user to view, edit or discard a scheduled daily email.
To edit an email to include your new locations logbook, complete the following steps:
- Click on the email from the selection list located to the left of the email configuration page.
- To edit the Recipients or Logbook Sections, simply select or deselect the users or logbook sections to add or remove them from the scheduled email.
- You won't be able to add invited users - so have them accept their user invitation as soon as possible or set the email to send to a Team for the new location.
- Check the boxes next to sections for the new logbook to have them included in the email.
- Once you have finished your changes, click Save at the bottom of the page. Your scheduled logbook email should show the new location in tomorrow's logbook email.
Editing the businesses of an emailed report
Once saved, the businesses and filters selected are fixed.
To make updates or changes to these:
- Click the title of the report to run it with the current businesses and filters selected.
- Add the new location and hit Go
- The new report with the added business can now be scheduled using the envelope icon
- Delete the old report by going to Saved Reports and selecting the trash can icon on the saved report card.
Final Step: Update your dashboards to include the new location
Changing the businesses on a Dashboard report
To add the new location to your dashboard report, you'll run the report, add the new business and save it again.
- Click the title of the report to run it with the current settings.
- Make the changes you want in the Report Generator: check the box to include the new business and hit Go
- Click the Speedometer icon to save the updated report to your existing dashboard
- Return to the dashboard and delete the old report
Find the guide to your new POS
If your new location is using a different POS system than your previous locations, it is a good idea to review the differences in data between your systems. We have POS guides available to help you when you want to make changes, updates, or troubleshoot issues you may encounter. Review our list of *Avero POS Integrations and click on the name of your new POS to view the relevant guide.