System or Server Change - Updates Needed
If you have recently updated your POS to a new system and reinstalled Avero, or upgraded your existing POS with new hardware, you'll need to make some updates once we are receiving data from the new system.
Reinstalls are when there is a change to your point of sale system, such as changing systems or putting in a new server for the same system. 'Install' really just means connecting your POS data to your business in the Avero platform so you can use that data productively. Even if you are on a cloud system you will still need to be 'installed', meaning your POS data still needs to be connected to Avero.
After your reinstall is completed, see below for your next steps!
- Upgrade / Update of Same System
- Quick Check on Data & Mapping
- Example: I was using Aloha, we replaced the server but are still using Aloha
- Change to a New System
- Find the guide to your new POS
I upgraded my current system (new server, hardware updates).
If you reinstall on the same system your categories and revenue centers are usually copied over from your old system. If this is the case, you likely won't need any updates! It is still wise to do a quick check to make sure data is appearing as you expect.
Quick Check on Data & Mapping:
- Run a Category Sales report going back to the first day on your new hardware, select Actual for revenue centers and meal periods, and run the report with All/Total selected for all fields.
- Review the Revenue Centers, Meal Periods, and Categories - does everything look correct?
- Run the same report again, select Standard for each filter box and Global for Category - do these Standard associations look correct (for example Non-Alcoholic beverage is 'Food' for some businesses and 'Beverage' for others, is it correct for your needs)?
- Special note! The 'Standard' Revenue Centers are what send revenue to your Logbook - make sure these are correct! Read More: Managing Template Sections within Logbook
- If changes are needed for a Standard association or Global Category open a ticket with Avero Support.
I changed POS Systems.
One of the best things about Avero is that you can change POS systems and still get the same reporting and have all your historical data available from the previous system. No POS system offers this!
After changing POS systems, you'll need to update your emailed reports and logbook. See the steps below to keep your information flowing the way you need it. Your emailed reports and logbook are linked to your old POS information, so you can quickly update them to keep things consistent.
Update Emailed Reports:
- Navigate to Saved Reports
- Click the title of the report to run it in its current form
- Make any necessary updates in the report generator to reflect your new information - such as new Revenue Centers, changed Category names, etc.
- Save & Schedule the new report
- Full instructions are here: Automating Email Reports
- Navigate to Logbook Setup in the Settings Menu
- Click on the relevant Logbook template
- Click Clear to reset revenue center and meal period filters
Full instructions: My Revenue is not showing in Logbook, how can I fix this?
Find the guide to your new POS
We have POS guides available to help you when you want to make changes, updates, or to troubleshoot issues you may encounter. Review our list of *Avero POS Integrations and click on the name of your new POS to view the relevant guide.