This document included troubleshooting steps when errors occur during your Avero installation.
Installer download blocked by browser / marked unsafe
If the .exe was downloaded but won't open:
Find the averoinstall utility in your downloads folder and right click, then select properties:
Check 'Unblock' and then apply. You can now open the utility.
Update browser settings to not block the downloads:
- Open Chrome and click the three-dot menu at the top right of the window.
- In the drop-down menu, choose "Settings."
- On the Settings page, click "Privacy and security."
- In the Privacy and Security section of the main page, click "Security."
- In the Safe Browsing section, click "No protection (not recommended)" to turn the feature off.
- Click "Turn off" in the pop-up to confirm you want to do this.
- Download the Avero Installer.
Windows Defender - No Run Anyway Option
In the case you do not have the "Run Anyway" option available in the Windows Defender pop-up
- Open Windows Security
- Select Apps & browser control
- Under Check apps and files, select warn
In the case you do not want to change your settings, you can make a one time exception and unblock the Avero installer.
- Right Click on the Averoinstall.exe file
- Select Properties
- At the bottom of the properties, next to security, select unblock
- Click Apply
- Click Ok
You are now ready to proceed with the installation.