How to Invite New Users to Avero
Available in: All subscription levels
Here is how to invite new users to your Avero business.
- If your business is new to Avero, visit Start Here! for a complete guide on getting started.
- Inviting users for the first time? Go to User Management Explained
- Have a problem? Troubleshoot here: Troubleshooting Inviting a New User
- Don't forget to give your new user a link to our Training Resources
Inviting New Users
Only Avero admin users have the power to invite new users and remove old users. If you are not an admin user and want to invite a new user, you'll need to ask your admin to do it or have them elevate your user access to admin before you'll be able to send invitations. Avero Support cannot grant access to new users, this is solely managed by your company for data security reasons.
Open a tab & log in to Avero, then click this link to activate our tutorial on adding new users: Admin Tutorial: Adding New Users
Or complete the following steps:
- Click on Settings in the top right corner of Avero and select Users & Teams
- Select the Invite New Users tab.
- Type in the user's email address in the blank box on the left. If you need to invite more than one user, who will have the same level of access, you can add multiple emails in one blank. Be sure to separate them with a semi-colon. If you are inviting users with different access levels, you'll need to use one line per user. This way you can define a different team or set of business access.
- Select Assign Business and choose which of your businesses this user should have access to. If you only have one location in Avero, you still need to assign that business to your users.
- Next, assign a Team using the drop-down menu in that column.
- If you would like this user to be an admin as well, toggle the button to Yes in the Admin column.
- Special Roles are important for your users to make changes in Avero. Select the Assign Roles button to select the applicable roles for this user.
- Select Send Invitations.
The invitations will be sent from firstname.lastname@example.org. New users may need to check their spam or junk folders if they do not see the invite in their inbox.
Take care when selecting a username as these are Case Sensitive and cannot be changed.
Creating your Avero user
There are three steps to creating your Avero user once invited:
1. Accept the Invitation
Once you receive an email invitation, you'll click the invite link in your email:
2. Create Username and Password
This will navigate to Avero's user creation page, where you will enter a unique username, password, and confirm the password. The username and password need to follow the listed security requirements and the passwords must match. If the Submit button is grayed out or does not allow to proceed, check your entries carefully.
3. Create User Profile
Now that your username and password are created, you're on to the final step. You must set up your personal information in your user profile, set your preferences like timezone and date format, and accept the Terms & Conditions. Note the Preferences are required fields and make sure you complete all steps. You won't be able to log in to Avero and run reports until this step is completed.