Inviting, editing, managing users for your business
As an Avero Admin, you have control over who has access to your data in Avero and which reports they see when they sign in. Not sure if you're an Admin? Click on Settings in the top right corner of your Avero account. If you see Users and Teams, you're an Admin!
Please note: To protect your company's data Avero Support is not able to change or provision user access. This must be done within your organization.
In this article, the following topics will be discussed:
To get started, you need to set up your Avero "teams". First, you should decide which employee roles need access to the different modules and features you use. This will help you determine your teams.
The team a user is assigned to will determine what they see in Avero when they log in. We recommend that everyone from the owner, down to the hostess, have some level of Avero access.
Team Grouping Suggestions
Please Note: your subscription may not include all the listed options.
All-Access Team: This is a default team that you cannot edit or delete. Use this team for your highest level, as these users will have access to everything. Also, if you add any modules during your subscription, users on this team will gain access to the new module automatically.
Logbook Only Team - To create a logbook only team, click Add New Team and only check off the Logbook & Calendar column. This level of access is appropriate for hostesses, bartenders, closing servers, and closing kitchen staff. These users can help take notes on happenings in the restaurant like notable guest behavior, large parties, and even complete a closing or side duty checklist right from their phones.
Prep Team - Create a team for your kitchen staff. Click Add New Team and check only the column for Prep Calculator. Members of this team can sign in and see what to prep on any given day. This allows your Kitchen Manager to keep prep amounts in control while focusing on other tasks. If you have access to the FCM module, you may also want to give them access to your Recipes or Procurement functions.
FOH Manager Team – Create a team for your FOH or Floor Managers. Click Add New Team and check the columns for Logbook & Calendar, Sales, Check Search, Procurement, Inventory, Recipes, Labor, and Service as applicable.
BOH Manager Team - Create a team for BOH functions including your Chefs and Kitchen Managers. Click Add New Team and check the columns for Sales, Labor, Prep Calculator, Procurement, Inventory, and Recipes
Inviting New Users
Once you have defined your teams, you're ready to send invitations to your added users.
Open a tab & log in to Avero, then click this link to activate our tutorial on adding new users: Admin Tutorial: Adding New Users
Or complete the following steps:
- Click on Settings in the top right corner of Avero and select Users & Teams
- Select the Invite New Users tab.
- Type in the user's email address in the blank box on the left. If you need to invite more than one user, who will have the same level of access, you can add multiple emails in one blank. Be sure to separate them with a semi-colon. If you are inviting users with different access levels, you'll need to use one line per user. This way you can define a different team or set of business access.
- Select Assign Business and choose which of your businesses this user should have access to. If you only have one location in Avero, you still need to assign that business to your users.
- Next, assign a Team using the drop-down menu in that column.
- If you would like this user to be an admin as well, toggle the button to Yes in the Admin column.
- Special Roles are important for your users to make changes in Avero. Select the Assign Roles button to select the applicable roles for this user.
- Select Send Invitations.
The invitations will be sent from firstname.lastname@example.org. New users may need to check their spam or junk folders if they do not see the invite in their inbox.
Take care when selecting a username as these are Case Sensitive and cannot be changed.
Editing Existing Users and Profiles
Visit the Manage Users tab and check the box next to the user you would like to edit. You can then see the available actions light up at the top of the table, select the action you would like to take:
- Change Business Access (give the user access to view the data at more or fewer locations)
- Change Team (Users can only be assigned to one team)
- Change Special Role (allows to customize what information a user has access to - such as inventory or finance)
- Resend Invitation (if a newly invited user has trouble)
- Reset Password (emails the user to reset their password)
- Remove Access (remove the user's access entirely)
Also, any user can go to Settings > Profile and edit their Personal Information and Preferences.
- Edit their Name or Position
- Edit their email address - click the pencil next to the current email address and enter the new one (this requires email verification)
- Add an alternate email and a phone number (these are optional)
- Set their preferences for Date and Time Format, Temperature Scale, and Time Zone
To stop a user from accessing Avero, you must remove their access from all businesses.
Please Note: you can't delete a user, but you can remove all their access.
To remove a user, complete the following steps:
- Click on Settings in the top right corner of Avero and select Users & Teams.
- On the Manage Users tab, find the row of the user whose access you are going to remove.
- Select that row by clicking the checkbox in the first column.
- Click the Remove Access button in the header of the table.
- In the warning prompt that follows, click the Remove button.
Need additional help? Watch the following video for more