API - About Avero's API Services
See our API in action on our website: Avero API
Jump to the section you need:
About Avero's API
Avero maintains an industry-leading library of POS integrations to support our hospitality customers. Avero ingests data from dozens of POS systems, processes and normalizes this data for our customers. Avero customers can use Avero’s API to retrieve refined F&B data for use in their own custom data analytics or to pass along to data partners.
The Avero API can also be used by our customer's technology providers to pull refined F&B data into other systems. How does this work? Avero customers grant permission to share their data with other solution providers and we partner with the solution provider so they can pull refined data into their platform. This allows Avero customers to have the same high-quality F&B data in other systems they use to operate their business. Our customers then have consistent data across systems that they use and the technology providers do not have to build and maintain their own POS integrations.
If you are an existing Avero customer interested in accessing your data via our API inquire here.
Review Avero's current list of POS integrations here: Avero POS Integrations
Endpoints are unique URLs that can be used to pull different data sets. Avero has broken up the Avero API data across these endpoints for your retrieval, currently including:
Item Sales endpoint
- Detailed sales data including item gross sales, net sales, and quantity sold
- Rich categorization of items
- Breakdown of item sales across meal periods
Summary Sales endpoint
- Summarized sales data rolled up for easy consumption
- Varied fields including payment types, taxes, promotions and other charges (like service fees, gift cards, etc)
- Breakdown of summarized sales across meal periods
Global Category Sales endpoint
- Sales data normalized by Avero into global categories like 'Food' and 'Beverage'
Sales Status endpoint
- Indicates whether data has been loaded into Avero's system and is available to be pulled by user of API
Making Queries to the Avero API
When you start using the Avero API, Avero's installation team will provide credentials for you, a copy of our API spec, and instructions to get you started. You can also view our Avero API: Getting Started guide.