Avero's Table Performance Report
Available in: Professional subscriptions only
The Table Performance report allows you to reveal the performance of every table in your dining room from spend per minute to table occupancy. This data allows you to predict customer behavior and optimize the revenue of each area of your operation.
While there are several other metrics to choose from, the default metrics are:
- gross avg check
- difference from avg
- lost sales opportunity
- tip %
- table occ
- turn time
- table turns
- gross sales
In this article, the following topics will be discussed:
Running a Table Performance Report
The Table Performance report is located under the Revenue Management tab in Avero.
Every Avero report has a unique Report Generator to help you filter your results using metric filters. This is the meat of your report. Each report within Avero has a defined number of metrics that can be included in one report. We have defined all of the metric options on the Metrics page. Once you've made your choices, hit Go.
Want us to walk you through it?
If you're currently logged into Avero, click to launch our pop-up guide to see how: Drive Revenue: Table Performance Report
You must be logged in to launch the guide, open another tab in your browser and log in before clicking the guide link! Note - the guide will not launch if you do not have access to this report.
Viewing the Table Performance Report
The Table Performance will be displayed as a bar graph and a table.
The table version of this report will list the table names/numbers in the first column followed by all of the metrics elected in the Report Generator. You are able to drill down into Check Search by clicking on the name of the table, displayed as a blue hyperlink. This will allow you to see all of the checks on that particular table for the time period selected.
When viewing the bar graph, keep the following in mind:
- You can use the drop-down menu to toggle between the metrics you chose in the report generator.
- You can also use the Speedometer Icon to pin this chart to your Dashboard.
Why? How can I use the Table Performance Report to optimize revenue?
How and when you analyze your table performance may vary based on your concept and the size of your organization, some of the most common uses are:
- Analyzing turn times - decreasing turn times/increasing table turnover can maximize revenue. Identify when and where turn times are higher than average to mitigate delays and train your staff.
- Determine RevPASH - RevPASH is a commonly used restaurant revenue calculation to contextualize sales. RevPASH means "Revenue per Available Seat Hour," so instead of simply looking at Gross Sales you are taking into account the number of seats and length of the operating hours. This is especially useful for comparing locations against each other.
- Contextualize the Dining Room - Rethink what your "best" and "worst" tables are, instead of relying on your gut and assuming the table by the window is the best and the table by the bathroom is the worst, see what the data says. If particular tables have lower spend per minute and shorter turn times, guests may not like them - create a plan for "bad" tables such as reserving them for walk-ins, or adding to the ambiance around these tables. Give the host team direction to seat these tables last to prioritize the better spend tables for more frequent seating.
- Optimize Occupancy - Use the data to determine if your tables are correctly proportioned for the party sizes and guest flow you get. Times and Tables with low occupancy can then receive corrective action to match your seating demand to your physical space.
Want to see this report on a recurring basis?
Set up an Email Schedule...
Click the Envelope to set up an email schedule.
...or Pin it to your Dashboard.
Click the Speedometer to add to your Dashboard. (hint: make sure you've chosen a trended or dynamic date type)