Avero DEU Guides: Change File Transfer Format
Avero's DEU Guides help you to perform basic maintenance tasks to keep your data flowing to Avero without interruption. If you are using an On-Premise POS system, you can access the Avero DEU - the application that extracts your daily data- directly and perform basic task to maintain and repair your data extraction, as well as make basic business updates (such as adding a new revenue center). We empower our customers with this direct access so you can get it done and get back to the restaurant, instead of submitting a support ticket and waiting for an agent and emailing back and forth.
- How do I know if I am using an On-Premise POS?
- How do I know if I need to change the file transfer format?
- Change File Transfer Format
- It says I need a password to open Options - where can I locate this?
How do I know if I am using an On-Premise POS?
Check Avero's list of POS Integrations and select yours to view our POS Guide for your system. The system type is clearly listed in the 'About' section: *Avero POS Integrations
How do I know if I need to change the file transfer format?
If you have experienced Missing Data, the first step is manually resending the data following these instructions: Missing / Incorrect Data
If you receive an error when attempting to resend data that says 'Couldn't connect to Avero, file not sent' your firewall is likely blocking the transmission of data to Avero. If this happens, the only ways to resolve are to adjust the whitelisting to allow Avero's DEU to send the data (recommended) or the issue may be resolved by changing the file transfer format to one your firewall permits.
Whitelisting - Please use this guide to whitelist Avero's information and traffic related to sending the data: Troubleshooting - IT & Technology
Change File Transfer Format
You'll first need to perform an update to the DEU, which takes about 2-5 minutes using these instructions: DEU Update On Demand If this fails your firewall is blocking the FTP traffic needed and whitelisting will be required (see above). Once updated change the file format by:
- Open the Avero Data Extraction Utility (DEU) and click Options
- The DEU is typically found on the PC's desktop. If it's not, use windows to search for Avero, and you should find it.
- The icon looks like this:
- Select File Transfer
- Under 'Transport Method' select HTTP (or is already selected, attempt another format from the drop-down menu)
- Select Apply, then OK, then try to send the files by selecting Send Files
If successful, the data will be present in Avero in 2 hours. If unsuccessful, you can try another format or whitelisting will be required.
It says I need a password to open Options - where can I locate this?
If a password is requested to access options, it indicates that your DEU requires an update, which is listed in Step 1. Perform the update (2-5 minutes) before continuing with the instructions.
Instructions to perform the update: DEU Update On Demand