Hotels and Casinos, or any property with multiple outlets, will require revenue center to business mapping to properly complete your installation. These instructions may also be used to add or move revenue centers later. This article is an overview of how and why to map revenue centers from your POS to Avero businesses (outlets)
In this article you will find:
- Considerations - Please read to understand the implications and map your plan before beginning. Any changes made will only reflect data moving forward, it will not affect historical data. Make sure your organization is in agreement on the structure before completing or updating.
- How Revenue Centers are Mapped to Businesses - When you are ready, these instructions will guide you through assigning the revenue centers to Avero businesses.
Business Mappings ensure that all of your venues are properly configured in Avero so that you can report on individual outlets and the property as a whole.
Why It's Important
Avero needs to track check transfers and other check level information across your Revenue Centers. If they are set up as separate businesses, this won’t be possible. You will still be able to break down to a single revenue center in reports.
Reasons to Combine Revenue Centers Under an Avero Business
- Transfers commonly occur between these Revenue Centers
- Same manager
- Same kitchen
- Same concept
- Although your Dining Room, Bar, and Lounge may be mapped as separate Revenue Centers in the POS, they all belong to the same business and should be viewed that way.
- Multiple banquets and/or catering Revenue Centers may be recording together and need combined
How Revenue Centers are Mapped to Businesses
Step 1 - Technical Contact fills out RVC List
During your initial setup with Avero your technical contact (person coordinating the installation) will provide a list of all of the revenue centers in your POS. It is important that this is a complete list to avoid missing any revenue.
Step 2 - Operations Contact defines business/outlet associations
Next, your operations leader will indicate which of these RVCs (Revenue Centers) should be combined into businesses. For example, Dining Room and Bar RVCs may both go to Restaurant, while Banquet Group, Banquet Local, and Catering might all go to Banquets. Avero will provide a form to assist with this process prior to installation.
From this list, Avero will create your set of businesses. It is important that this list be complete and accurate prior to installation.
Step 3 - Mapping RVCs to businesses during installation
During installation, revenue centers will be mapped to the businesses. After your data is available in Avero you will use these businesses to set up your automated reports and analyze your sales data by outlet or as a group.
If you have an on-premise system, completing the Business Mapping Instructions in the Avero DEU will be your final step. If you have an export or cloud system, Avero will use your list to define the data relationships.