Avero DEU Guides: POS Hardening & Database Password Updates
Avero's DEU Guides help you to perform basic maintenance tasks to keep your data flowing to Avero without interruption. If you are using an On-Premise POS system, you can access the Avero DEU - the application that extracts your daily data- directly and perform basic task to maintain and repair your data extraction, as well as make basic business updates (such as adding a new revenue center). We empower our customers with this direct access so you can get it done and get back to the restaurant, instead of submitting a support ticket and waiting for an agent and emailing back and forth.
POS Hardening / Database Credentials
If you are performing a hardening of your POS or have updated the database password, Avero's Data Extraction Utility on your POS Server will need the new access information to continue pulling data. Any delays in updating the password in the utility may cause a gap in data flow, so do this as soon as you can when passwords change!
How do I know if I am using an On-Premise POS?
Check Avero's list of POS Integrations and select yours to view our POS Guide for your system. The system type is clearly listed in the 'About' section: *Avero POS Integrations
Updating the Password
Our data extraction utility accesses the database in your POS to pull daily sales data. To do this, it uses the stored username and password. If these change, it must be updated in our utility.
To update the passwords, you'll need to perform the following action:
- If you are not on the most current version of our DEU, an update may be required to access the database settings. Open the DEU via the link on your desktop, and click Options. If you are prompted for a password, then an update is required. If not, proceed to Step 3.
- Perform an update to the DEU (takes about 2-5 minutes): DEU Update On Demand
- Once the update is complete, open DEU, open Options, go to Point of Sale > POS System tab and the user that governs the DEU will be displayed. Update the password and apply.
- Test that you were successful: Verify no other processes are running for Avero's rtdataex.exe or Oracle's SQL Plus, open the DEU (light in corner should be green) and try running a date in the DEU.
- If you encounter ODBC or Connection errors Open a Ticket for assistance.
Then you will be all set moving forward!