POS Hardening and Database Password Updates
If you are performing a hardening of your POS or have updated the database password, Avero's Data Extraction Utility on your POS Server will need the new access information to continue pulling data. Any delays in updating the password in the utility may cause a gap in data flow, so do this as soon as you can when passwords change!
Updating the Password
Our data extraction utility accesses the database in your POS to pull daily sales data. To do this, it uses the stored username and password. If these change, it must be updated in our utility.
To update the passwords, you'll need to perform the following action:
- If you are not on the most current version of our DEU, an update may be required to access the database settings. Open the DEU via the link on your desktop, and click Options. If you are prompted for a password, then an update is required. If not, proceed to Step 3.
- Perform an update to the DEU (takes about 2-5 minutes): DEU Update On Demand
- Once the update is complete, open DEU, open Options, go to Point of Sale > POS System tab and the user that governs the DEU will be displayed. Update the password and apply.
- Test that you were successful: Verify no other processes are running for Avero's rtdataex.exe or Oracle's SQL Plus, open the DEU (light in corner should be green) and try running a date in the DEU.
- If you encounter ODBC or Connection errors Open a Ticket for assistance.
Then you will be all set moving forward!