Hotels and Casinos likely require revenue center to business mapping to properly complete your installation. These instructions may also be used to add or move revenue centers later. Please follow the below guide to complete this step.
In this article you will find:
- Considerations - Please read to understand the implications and map your plan before beginning. Any changes made will only reflect data moving forward, it will not affect historical data. Make sure your organization is in agreement on the structure before completing or updating.
- Mapping Instructions - When you are ready, these instructions will guide you through assigning the revenue centers to Avero businesses.
Business Mappings ensure that all of your venues are properly configured in Avero so that you can report on individual outlets and the property as a whole.
Why it's Important
Avero needs to track check transfers and other check level information across your Revenue Centers. If they are set up as separate businesses, this won’t be possible. You will still be able to break down to a single revenue center in reports.
Reasons to Combine Revenue Centers Under an Avero Business
- Transfers commonly occur between these Revenue Centers
- Same manager
- Same kitchen
- Same concept
- Although your Dining Room, Bar, and Lounge may be mapped as separate Revenue Centers in the POS, they all belong to the same business and should be viewed that way.
- Multiple banquets and/or catering Revenue Centers may be recording together and need combined
Note: Mapping does not happen in the Avero web platform but in our locally-installed Data Extractor, which is on your POS server, if using an On-Premise POS System. If you are unsure what type of system you have, please select your system from this list to confirm: *Avero POS Integrations
How to locate the Avero Data Extractor:
Open the Avero Data Extraction Utility (DEU)
- The DEU is typically found on the PC's desktop. If it's not, use windows to search for Avero, and you should find it.
- The icon looks like this:
How to Map your new business:
- Select the Options button on the top left of the Avero DEU
- Select Modules > POS > Configure Businesses
- Select Assign Revenue Centers
- In the case you are adding new Avero Businesses, please add the provided Business ID, Validation Code, and Name in the yellow line. Press Enter to Add.
4. All of your available Revenue Centers will be listed on the left. You will select a business on the left, and add the appropriate Revenue Centers to that business. Simply select the RVC and hit add. Repeat this step for every business. **It is a recommended best practice to select the "Show only unassigned revenue centers"
5. Hit Done
In the Future, if you add new revenue centers or need to make a change to the existing setup, please use the above steps. If you need a new business created, please open a ticket.