Accurate cover counts are important in understanding guest volume and average check, scheduling accurately for demand, and mentoring servers. If it's a widespread problem across your organization, large errors on individual checks can make average check data unreliable.
Depending on your POS system, you can edit incorrect cover counts within Avero. Only users with the "Edit Cover Count" special role has access to change the cover counts.
Looking for best practices? Read our Cover Count Best Practice article.
Please Note: Our new API integrations (e.g. Toast, Lightspeed, or Square POS) do not support cover count updates in Avero. Jump to: Updating Cover Counts with API Integrations
Editing Incorrect Cover Counts
To edit an incorrect cover count, complete the following steps:
1. Click on the Check Search tab
2. Select your date range and location.
3. Then select "All Checks With Irregular Cover Counts or Average Check" under the Smart Search feature.
4. Click Search.
Alternatively, if you already know the check to be corrected you can search for that check number.
5. Find your Check
6. Click the check number to see the itemized version
6. On the check, click show more and the pencil icon next to the cover count
7. Enter your cover count number
8. Click the green check mark.
9. Click OK on the final confirmation.
Please note: changes made in Avero will not reflect in your point of sale system. Covers will reflect in Avero in 24-48 hours.
Updating Cover Counts with API Integrations
Our new API integrations (e.g. Toast, Lightspeed, or Square POS) do not support cover count updates in Avero.
Therefore, if you need to make a change to cover counts, you can update the cover counts directly in your POS and ask us to rerun the day of data in question to update cover counts.
- Reopen the incorrect check in your POS.
- Correct the cover count on the check
- Close the check back to the same day it was originally closed to.
- Reach out to open a ticket to re-run your data for this day. Please include the business name and the business dates for which you need the data reran.
- Avero Support will rerun the day in question and notify you once the rerun is complete.