Avero's Item Sales Report / PMIX / Product Mix
Available in: All subscription levels
How many of this item have we sold recently? What is the most popular item? Should we prep more of this item?
Time to answer these questions, quickly and easily! Just like a PMIX, or Product Mix report, from a POS system, Avero’s Item Sales report can help you drive revenue and brand experience, by ensuring you maintain the perfect product mix for your business. Use this report to identify your most profitable items and the items you should probably remove from the menu all together.
In this article, the following topics will be discussed:
Running an Item Sales Report
The Item Sales report is located under the Sales heading in your tool bar. This report will show you your sales, broken down to the item level, so you can see exactly what your guests are purchasing the most.
Like every Avero report, Void Summary has a unique Report Generator to help you filter your results using metric filters. This is the meat of your report. Each report within Avero has a defined number of metrics that can be included in one report. We have defined all of the metric options on the Metrics page.Once you've made your choices, hit Go. For instructions on how to utilize the Report Generator, reference this article.
Using Category Filters
Avero's Item Sales report breaks your sales down by sales categories. These are defined in levels.
- Global is the most broad filter, giving you the truest birds-eye view of your Food -v- Beverage business. When you install Avero, your POS categories are separated by Food or Beverage.
- Major categories are defined in your POS and are likely reflective of the different items you sell. For example: Beer, Wine and Liquor might all be Major Categories.
- Minor categories are also defined in your POS. These will be more specific. Minor categories might be things like Appetizers, Red Wine, or Draft Beer.
- Custom categories are designed by you, in Avero. This allows you to include any mix of products from your predefined POS categories.
Viewing the Item Sales Report
The Item Sales visualization will be displayed as a scatter plot graph. When viewing the plot graph, keep the following in mind:
- Use the drop-down menus to toggle between the metrics you chose, and the categories included in the report.
- Click the Speedometer to add this graph to your dashboard.
The Item Sales report will also produce a table. When viewing the table report, keep the following in mind:
- Expand or collapse categories by clicking the + or - sign next to that category.
- Run a quick Check Search by clicking on the name of an item. Doing this will show you all of the checks with that item from a specific time frame.
Item Sales Report with Costing
If you have cost information in Avero you can run and Item Sales Report with cost information for each item, this can then be exported via excel, pdf, or sent up as an automated recurring email.
To do so, Follow the instructions above, for metric select one of the following:
- Average Item Cost
- Cost of Goods % or Cost of Goods $
- Average Item Profit
- Total Profit
- % Category Profit
Note: Cost information is not available for all POS Systems. In order for cost information to be reflected in Avero is must be entered into your POS System. Changes and updates to costing must also be made within the POS and will update in Avero the following day.
The following POS Systems do not supply cost information:
Aireus, Aldelo, Lightspeed, Lavy, Silverware, Square, TouchBistro
Get this report automatically:
Set up an Email Schedule...
Click the Envelope to set up an email schedule.
...or Pin it to your Dashboard.
Click the Speedometer to add to your Dashboard.