Loss Prevention is not a tool we recommend everyone in your organization use due to the sensitive information uncovered. Loss Prevention tool is designed for complex operations, such as casinos and hotels, with a Finance or Analyst position approach. If you are a small operation (less than a dozen restaurants of similar concept, just a few revenue centers per location) we recommend our article on Preventing Theft, Abuse, and Fraud. We also recommend training your floor managers on these daily and weekly habits to keep a tight operation.
A manager who spends time on the floor during service, applies/approves voids and promotions, and has personal connection with the employees often doesn't have the time to devote to investigation and is sympathetic toward the plight of your line-level staff, distracting them from instituting function.
While the end result of our Loss Prevention tool is sometimes uncovering fraud and theft, it really highlights vulnerabilities and shows your above-store team how to tighten SOPs across the organization and reduce opportunities for malfeasance.
Adding Loss Prevention Tool to an Existing User
- Log into Avero and go to Settings in the top-right corner, Select Users and Teams
- Find the user within the list, on the right under the ‘Special Roles’ column click the hyperlinked ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ to open the ‘Assign Role’ menu.
- Click the 'Loss Prevention' box
- Once you have selected Loss Prevention click the Save button to save changes.
- Next, make note of which team the user(s) is on and move to the Manage Teams Tab
- Make sure the Loss Prevention box is checked for that team
All Loss Prevention users need both Team and User access to use Loss Prevention.