Guide to Loss Prevention Settings
A step by step guide to adjusting Loss Prevention Settings. Loss Prevention is reached by logging in to Avero, going to Settings (gear icon) in the top right, and selecting Loss Prevention from the drop-down menu. If you don't see Loss Prevention in your Settings menu, ask your Admin User to add it for you.
When you navigate to Loss Prevention you will see a list of all businesses you have access to with columns displaying each Loss Prevention Watch Type:
To Change and/or Adjust Watch Types:
Use Case: When a specific watch type is part of your day to day business practice; i.e. “Automatic Gratuity” in In-Room Dining Outlets
- Navigate to Loss Prevention via the Settings menu.
- To exclude specific watch types: simply click the blue checked box under the excluded watch type next to the desired business.
- After de-selecting the desired watch types for the desired business you will see the change was successfully made through a green ‘Saving… success’ box.
To Exclude Employees:
Use Case: A specific manager is being flagged as using a majority of a watch type like promotions and voids, but they are the only employees allowed to use/authorize those promotions.
Under the Employee Exclusions Tab of the Loss Preventions Settings Menu:
Select the business in the drop-down menu then:
- Find the employee you are looking to exclude from the list of Employee Names
- Next to their name you will see an eye icon, click the eye and you will be prompted to make a note.
- Once the note is made click ‘Save’
To Exclude Promos and Voids:
Use Case: All employees are being flagged for a specific promotion but it is part of a current marketing campaign.
- Navigate to the Promos and Voids Exclusions field to view all promos and voids and select a business to adjust.
- View the voids, promos, and payments, and select the item you would like to exclude. An Eye Icon indicates included and an Eye Icon with a slash indicates excluded.
- Then, detail the reason for exclusion in the notes field and save.
- After saving your reason for exclusion for a business, you will see the change was successfully made through a green box saying ‘Saving… success’.
- Changes and notes made will appear under the History header, next to the void/promotion/payment you have excluded, select View Details.