Logbook templates are viewable and usable by your entire organization. If a logbook template is in use by businesses your user doesn't have access to, you won't be able to make changes to the logbook template, because it would change it for other businesses too. To get around this, you'll need to make a copy of the template, rename it & make your edits, and apply it to your business(es). See our detailed instructions below.
Make a copy of your read-only Logbook template.
1. Go to Settings > Logbook Setup to view your business and template list.
2. Note which template is assigned to your business, the go to the Templates tab and locate this Logbook template. Open the menu on the right and select Duplicate.
3. The Duplicate template will appear in the list as Template Name (copy), select this copy to edit it as your new template.
Rename it & make your edits.
First, make sure to give the template a new name so it is easy to recognize, view, and use.
When viewing an existing template, users can make the following changes:
- edit template, section, and field names
- add sections and fields
- delete sections and fields
- reorder sections and fields
- apply snapshot filters
To learn more about adding/editing sections and fields, access this article.
Changes to email templates will not automatically update the fields sent in your existing logbook email. Visit Logbook Emails to double-check your fields are included.
Apply to your business(es)
Go back to the Logbooks tab and next to your business select Change, then select your new template from the list and click Assign Template.