Explore Avero's Latest - New Item Sales Reporting
We at Avero are always looking for ways to improve the business insights you can gain from reporting and analytics. We look beyond the numbers in a spreadsheet or fiscal reporting cycles to bring you up-to-date, agile analytics at your fingertips to help Save Time, Drive Revenue, Protect Profits, and Manage Costs for you and your business.
Let's take a look at Avero's latest - enhanced Item Sales Reporting
About the new Item Sales Report
Avero's newest Item Sales Report is still in testing, but you may already have access! We provide access to limited customers for real world testing before deploying the report to all users. This article covers some information about this new sales report.
Why deliver a new report? We've improved some features, such as updating the date-picker, to be easier to use and focus on the most-used selections. We streamlined some metrics based on real customer feedback and usage. And most importantly, we've introduced some fun new items like at-a-glance tiles providing a high-level view and improved default metrics. Plus, the ability to include multiple businesses/outlets in one PMIX/Item Sales report!
Navigation - How to Find the NEW Item Sales Report
In your navigation pane, you'll find the new report, labeled Beta Item Sales in the Sales section, under the existing Item Sales Report. Note that this report has the ability to run as a consolidated view for multiple businesses or as an item sales report for a single business, so it does not appear with the Group reports.
Report Generator Updates - How to Run the Item Sales Report
The date filter is now located above the report generator with important contextual dates. Now, it’s even easier to select a common date range, such as yesterday, WTD, MTD, or YTD with our quick filters. Just Click and Go!
- Our new Item Sales Report allows you to include multiple businesses in your report. You can see all outlets at your property in one Item Sales Report, or all Grab ‘n’ Go concepts across your whole organization.
- We now automatically group your business by property, reducing the time needed to manually select businesses to see item sales for your whole property, simply select your property and all outlets will be included.
- Property (where eligible) is now built into the location filter, to allow hotel customers to evaluate their item sales at the property level, without running multiple reports.
The report will return POS Items rolled up by category. Select which category type you would like to see: Global, Major, or Minor.
Remember, Major and Minor Categories come from your POS, and Avero adds Global Categories for your convenience. You might have a Minor Category for Salads, which rolls up to a Major Category of Appetizers, in the Global Category of FOOD. Selecting Category type allows you to choose how granular you want this report to be!
Making selections, the complete process:
- Select your date range from the quick-clicks
- Select your businesses
- Choose a Category Level, then make selections for which to include
- Click RUN!
Report Updates - How to View and Interpret the Item Sales Report
Viewing the new Item Sales Report will be slightly different from our previous report.
You'll still be able to collapse/expand categories and sort the tables to efficiently digest the data in your reporting:
Above the table report you'll now see Tiles. These are contextual, high-level information available at-a-glance. Quickly see the number of check or covers, and high-level sales information. The full report is available in a table below.
Improved Default Metrics
We've updated the automatically included metrics to feature the most-requested and best-loved metrics from our existing reporting, and reduced the setup to get you a report so you can hit the ground running with your findings.
The new Item Sales Report will automatically include the following metrics:
- Quantity Sold: The number of items sold in the time frame of the report, across all included businesses
- Gross Sales: The total amount of revenue associated with this item or category's sales during the timeframe of the report, across all included businesses
- Net Sales: The sales revenue for this item or category, less discounts/comps/promotions, across all included businesses
- Average Item Price: The average price this item was sold for, across all sales in the included timeframe of the report, across all included businesses
- Item/Cover %: This refers to 'popularity', out of all covers served in the included timeframe, what % ordered this item. 50% means half of all guests served ordered this item. 200% means all guests served ordered two of this item (such as multiple glasses of the same wine).
How can I share feedback about this new report?
If you have access, log in and navigate to the Beta Item Sales page. Here you'll see our walk-through of the updated and newly added features. After running a few reports, you'll be invited to share your feedback! We'd like users to use the report a few times before providing feedback so we can continue to improve the report before expanding access to all users.
Frequently Asked Questions about Beta Item Sales Report
What does Beta mean?
Beta is a technical term referring to the early stages of development. We have enabled this report for some customers to get real-world testing while we continue to develop this report. If you don't have access, check back soon!
What about the other filters like Revenue Center or Meal Period?
This report is in the early stages and additional features will be added in later rounds of development. In the meantime, our legacy Item Sales Report is still available for advanced filtering needs.
How can I get access to this new report?
We have enabled this report for all multi-unit customers to get real-world testing while we continue to develop this report. If you don't have access, check back soon! If you do have access, check it out and send us your feedback!
How can I learn to use this report?
Navigate to the Beta Item Sales page (under the Sales tab on your left-hand navigation pane in Avero) and a walk-through will pop-up! If you don't see Beta Item Sales listed here, you don't have access yet, check back soon!
Can I export this report?
Of course! You'll notice a download icon in the top-right of your report. This will download the report results into an easy-to-use CSV file.
Why does the Beta Item Sales Report show our sales in US Dollars when we use local currency?
This new report is still under development and does not yet have all of the features the finished report will have. One of the features not yet introduced is currency conversion or currency special characters. All Beta Item Sales reporting will show the accurate sales from your POS, and the values will be of the currency the sales were recorded in, but they will all be displayed as though they were in USD (with a $ symbol).
- Your sales have not been converted to USD, they are just being shown with the default ($) symbol and this cannot be changed in your report at this time.
- Sales cannot be converted between currencies - this feature will be added in the future but is not currently available for this new report.
- All sales will be in local currency but with the $ symbol, which will make multiple businesses total up as though they were Dollars when different currencies are in use. Due to the inability to distinguish between currencies we recommend you limit your new report to one currency at a time to reduce confusion.