Avero DEU Guides: Resending Encryption Keys
Avero's DEU Guides help you to perform basic maintenance tasks to keep your data flowing to Avero without interruption. If you are using an On-Premise POS system, you can access the Avero DEU - the application that extracts your daily data- directly and perform basic task to maintain and repair your data extraction, as well as make basic business updates (such as adding a new revenue center). We empower our customers with this direct access so you can get it done and get back to the restaurant, instead of submitting a support ticket and waiting for an agent and emailing back and forth.
- How do I know if I am using an On-Premise POS?
- How do I know if I need to resend encryption keys?
- Resending Encryption Keys
How do I know if I am using an On-Premise POS?
Check Avero's list of POS Integrations and select yours to view our POS Guide for your system. The system type is clearly listed in the 'About' section: *Avero POS Integrations
How do I know if I need to resend encryption keys?
If you are experiencing repeated or prolonged missing data, and have already tried manually resending your data, this is one possible cause. If our support team sent you this link, they have already verified that we are receiving your data but are unable to process it.
If you have not tried manually resending your data yet, do so following these instructions: Missing / Incorrect Data
The data should appear in Avero within 2 hours if you didn't receive any errors. If the data is not present after 2 hours and you didn't receive an error, you can open a ticket with Avero Support or proceed.
Resending Encryption Keys
Before resending, make sure your Data Extraction Utility (DEU) is updated to the latest release (2-5 minutes): DEU Update On Demand
- Open the DEU (on the desktop or in the start menu of your POS Server), Select Options
- Select the tab on the right - Diagnostics and click Send Diagnostics
- Go to Miscellaneous, Select Encryption Tab, click Resend Keys
- There will be a prompt after you select Resend Keys, Select YES & then OK
- Select Send Files in the DEU
- Rerun missing dates using these instructions: Missing / Incorrect Data
Note: Missing data will reflect in about 1-2 hours.