Welcome to Avero!
Getting Started, Part One - Pre-data
This is part one of getting started as a new business, just signed up for Avero. Once you've signed up for an Avero subscription, the sales team member you worked with will open an installation request for your business(es). Our Install Team will contact you to gather information about your POS, provide install instructions, and invite you to Avero so you can get started right away!
Getting Your Data
Installation varies by system type, to get information about how we install on your system, go to our list of *Avero POS Integrations and click on your system from the list. This is a helpful guide about how we connect to your data, and differences you may notice between Avero and your POS reporting, and tips on maintenance and updates you'll make after you get going.
Below is a checklist of all the things you can do to get started before data is even flowing from your POS to Avero. Done all at once, these will take less than 15 minutes for most new restaurants, but you can also break them up over the course of a few days, especially for larger groups.
- Accept your invitation and log in! - 2 minutes
- Activate & customize your logbook - 5-8 minutes
- Invite your users - 2-5 minutes
- Set up your first automated email - 1 minute
- Last Step - Sign up for Status Updates (30 seconds)
Accept your invitation and log in! - 2 minutes
There are three steps to creating your Avero user once invited:
1. Accept the Invitation
Once you receive an email invitation, you'll click the invite link in your email:
2. Create Username & Password
Clicking 'Create User' will take you to Avero's user creation page, where you will enter a unique username, password, and confirm the password. The username and password need to follow the listed security requirements and the passwords must match. If the Submit button is grayed out or does not allow you to proceed, check your entries carefully as this usually means the password fields do not match.
3. Create User Profile
Now that your username and password are created, you're on to the final step. You must set up your personal information in your user profile, set your preferences like timezone and date format, and accept the Terms & Conditions. Note the Preferences are required fields and make sure you complete all steps. You won't be able to log in to Avero and run reports until this step is completed.
Activate & customize your logbook - 5-8 minutes
Now that your user is created, you can activate your logbook. A logbook is a place for sales, shift notes, checklists, weather, and events to be combined into a high-level summary of your daily operations. Most restaurants have this emailed out daily to the management team so everyone knows how things are going, wherever they may be!
1. Activate the Logbook
To enable a logbook, complete the following steps:
- Click the gear icon to access your Settings menu and select Logbook.
- Click the toggle under the Active column in Logbook Setup for your business.
- To completely enable the logbook, you must assign a template to the logbook.
2. Customize your logbook template
Since you are new, this means you'll Create Your First Logbook Template! Follow this link for instructions and suggestions for creating your first logbook template.
Invite your users - 2-5 minutes
See our comprehensive guide on user management: User Management Explained
If you are having trouble, see our troubleshooting guide: Troubleshooting Inviting a New User
You're ready to send invitations to your added users.
Show me how!
Open a tab & log in to Avero, then click this link to activate our tutorial on adding new users: Admin Tutorial: Adding New Users
This is a pop-up guide in the Avero platform to guide you through the process described below.
Or complete the following steps:
- Click on Settings in the top right corner of Avero and select Users & Teams
- Select the Invite New Users tab.
- Type in the user's email address in the blank box on the left. If you need to invite more than one user, who will have the same level of access, you can add multiple emails in one blank. Be sure to separate them with a semi-colon. If you are inviting users with different access levels, you'll need to use one line per user. This way you can define a different team or set of business access.
- Select Assign Business and choose which of your businesses this user should have access to. If you only have one location in Avero, you still need to assign that business to your users.
- Assign a Team using the drop-down menu in that column.
- If you would like this user to be an admin as well, toggle the Admin button to Yes (admins are users who have the power to invite, edit, and remove other users).
- Special Roles are important for your users to perform setup or make changes in Avero. Select the Assign Roles button to select the applicable roles for this user.
- Select Send Invitations.
For full instructions visit: Managing Users & Teams - From Invite to Delete
Set up your first automated email - 1 minute
To schedule and send a daily email of your logbook, complete the following steps:
- Navigate to the Logbook
- Click on the envelope icon, prompting a drop-down menu
- Click the Manage Emails menu option
- From here, you can create, view, or edit scheduled daily emails
- If creating your first scheduled email, you will need to click the Schedule a Daily Email button to create a new scheduled email. To create an additional scheduled email, click the plus button located above the email selection list
- From here, check the box next to each page section you want to include and list the users you want the emailed logbook sent to, then set a time for the logbook to send.
- You won't be able to add invited users - so have them accept their user invitation as soon as possible or set the email to send to a Team for the new location.
Last Step - Sign up for Status Updates (30 seconds)
Lastly, stay in the loop in case something goes wrong and to know when Avero will be taken offline for any scheduled maintenance. Visit the Avero Status Page and select Subscribe to Updates - this will send you an email warning when we perform maintenance or experience an issue.
You are ready to put your data to work! Once data is flowing, you can proceed to our next steps: Getting Started Part Two!