All About Avero Support
In this article we will cover how to get help when you need it, whether you are just getting started or need help running complex reports or need to recover missing data from your POS. Follow any one of these links to jump directly to the topic most relevant to you.
We tackle getting started with Avero the same way we'd tackle a 24-oz Ribeye - one bite at a time! Our Knowledge Base is filled with articles and videos to help you learn to use Avero and they are broken up into bite-size pieces to help you get going as quickly as possible. New Users should start at User Essentials and learn The Basics! This will cover how to set your preferences, invite new users, as well as link out to some best practices to use once you get comfortable.
Start there, or try searching for an answer to a specific question using the search bar or ask our AveroBot!
How Do I Run a Report?
Avero can be used to run almost any report you can think of and compare various metrics to help you run the tightest operation possible.
- First, review the Metrics Glossary to know what kinds of information you can include in your report.
- Next, log in to your Avero account, use the Navigation Pane on the left-hand side to get to the appropriate section (Sales, Labor, etc).
- Use the Report Generator to slice and dice your data however you want. The great news is you can zero in on the metrics that matter to you, and remove all the extraneous details that just create noise.
Our reports are not "custom" because you can't invent metrics, but after over 20 years of analyzing data from the top hospitality brands, you can configure a report to your specification for just about any ask! Give it a try!
Here are some detailed instructions for some of our most popular reports:
When & Where Can I Use Avero?
That's the beauty of Avero - you can use it anytime and anywhere. Your data is yours, and we believe you should be able to access it whenever and wherever you need to.
Our desktop application is accessed via your browser by visiting login.averoinc.com and logging in!
We also have Avero Mobile for use on the go, even on the floor during service! Simply add our app to your smartphone or tablet and sign in - you can get up-to-the-minute* sales information from anywhere!
*real-time data is only available for select systems
I Want to Do More - How Can I Learn?
Everyone learns differently! We have used different formats to make our Self-led learning accessible to all. There are articles and instructional videos on almost any topic related to Avero.
The three easiest ways to learn new skills are:
- Visit the Avero University for instructional videos on a variety of topics, if you aren't sure where to start. Or browse our Training Resources.
- To learn a specific skill, ask AveroBot about it and you will be directed to the right place to learn.
- If you want to use data to make better decisions in your restaurant, take a look at our Best Practices and start to incorporate data throughout your decision-making!
And don't forget Avero has a Blog - subscribe or check it out for tips on how to get the most out of your Avero tools. Read our feature stories for insights about how to perfect your operations, boost your revenue, AND spend less time in the back office. We gather a snapshot of the latest hospitality news headlines, trends, and technologies and serve them up hot every week. And don’t miss our food-filled Instagram account!
What Do I Do if I Have a Question?
The easiest and fastest way to get an answer you need is to ask AveroBot! Click on 'Get Help' and ask your question, AveroBot will comb our Knowledge Base and send you the relevant information. If the answer doesn't fit your question, tell us so and a member of our Support Team will add your question and answer to our Knowledge Base so you and others have the answer at hand - any time of the day or night.
This Isn't Working Like It Should - How Do I Troubleshoot?
Sometimes things don't work the way they should, and we have a team dedicated to resolving these issues! We have a robust section of Troubleshooting guides which help you identify if there is a problem, and the steps to resolve it quickly. By utilizing these guides, you are in control of getting the info you need to run your restaurant.
The most common type of problem we see is Missing Data, meaning you log into Avero one day and are missing the sales from yesterday! Depending on what caused the data not to load, there are different solutions. Most often the POS failed to run the task to send us the Data. This can easily be recovered on most systems. Here's how!
Here are the most frequent problems requiring Troubleshooting and what to do about them:
- Missing or Incorrect Data
- Troubleshooting Inviting a New User
- Resetting Your Password
- Logbook Emails with Missing or Incomplete Data
Who is my Account Rep or Technical Contact?
Avero accounts don't have a single dedicated Account Manager. We take a team-based approach to ensure more coverage and responsiveness. When you send in a request to Avero Support, it is analyzed internally and the appropriate team(s) are engaged to deliver you the quickest and most accurate resolution with minimal back and forth.
Talk to us!
If you've tried Troubleshooting and don't see an answer to your problem there, ask for help from support by clicking the big purple question mark when logged in to Avero or follow this link to open a ticket. Be sure to include the name of your restaurant (and your name!) and a description of your problem, with an example or screenshot if possible.
Is phone support available?
We do not offer support by phone based on our research into the most efficient and effective way to resolve the majority of our customer complaints so everyone receives as speedy and accurate a resolution as possible. Due to the nature of problems our customers encounter, screenshots, videos, and attachments especially help our resolution time. We provide support using a ticket-based system that relies on email. To enable our agents to provide you the best and quickest support possible, make sure to thoroughly describe your issue and include photos or attachments to support.
It is especially helpful to include:
- Screenshots of any error messages (these help point us to the underlying cause)
- POS Reports (we already have the data that is in Avero, if there is an issue the only thing we can compare to is POS data - do not send reports from Avero or your accounting software)
- A screenshot or video or the problem you are having in Avero's web platform or mobile app
- Your email address / username (never supply your password!)