What are the event types?
There are a number of different event types.
- Conference – This should be used by hotels and casinos for conferences and conventions that are taking place on the property.
- Private Booking – This should be used when group rents space in your restaurant, hotel or casino for a private event such as a birthday, anniversary or business meeting.
- Holiday – This should be used to add Holidays (pretty self-explanatory) that are not already included on a business’ calendar. Avero pre-populates most major national and religious holidays on each calendar based on the country in which the business is located.
- Sports – This should by restaurants that broadcasting sporting events to drive guest count, or by businesses located near stadiums and arenas that are highly dependent on the traffic generated by events at those venues.
- Promotion – This should be used to represent all kinds of promotions, from happy hours to special menus (e.g. Restaurant Week) to daily deals (e.g. Groupon).
- Local Event – This should be used for concerts, performances, conferences, and conventions in the vicinity of a restaurant that can be expected to alter business patterns in some way.
- Stadium – This event type is exclusively available to Stadiums and Arenas that host large sporting events, concerts, etc.
- Voyage – This event type is exclusively available to Cruise Lines that embark on multi-day, multi-port trips with a set number of passengers.
- Other – If your event doesn’t fit any of the types above, use this type.
Why is it required that I choose an event type?
Event Types help you to organize your events into discrete groups.
Each Event Type has its own specific set of Tags (descriptors) that allow you to perform some pretty cool analysis. It would be quite a mess if your Tags for Promotions (Groupon, BOGO, 20% Coupon) were intermingled with your Tags for Sporting Events (MLB, NY Yankees, Home Game).