This article will outline several popular reports we suggest - helping you track sales metrics in Avero. The reports you pin to your dashboards will automatically update daily and you can even share your dashboards with other members of your team for consistent performance bench-marking.
To learn more about setting up your dashboard, go to our Creating & Managing Dashboard article
In this article, the following topics will be discussed:
A multi-unit dashboard is a good option if you need to look at multiple units or locations. When creating a multi-unit dashboard, Avero recommends saving the following reports to your dashboard:
Group Sales Overview
- Run this report as an FPTD (fiscal period to date) report to see each businesses' Sales, Covers, and Promotion information for that Fiscal Period in one report. This view will be Broken out by Global Category.
- This view is useful because you can find all of the key Sales metrics for your multiple locations in one place.
Group Labor Summary
- We recommend running this report as a WTD (week to date) report to show you the most valuable Labor metrics (Regular hours, pay, and Overtime Hours and pay, and Labor % Gross sales) for each outlet side-by-side with totals for the group.
- This view will help monitor your labor across multiple locations and help you decide whether operational changes are needed to meet your labor goals.
Group Promos and Voids
- Group Promos and Voids will show you all of the promotions (comps) that were authorized at all of your businesses to help you gain insight into what is being comped and how it's affecting your bottom line.
- This view can help you raise a flag for potentially fraudulent trends to help you manage them accordingly.
- We suggest running this as an MTD (month to date) report for all promotions to see every comp in each business side by side.
Group Sales by Hour
- Run the Group Sales by hour report for all your businesses for yesterday’s sales to give you an understanding of when each businesses’ peak and when they have slow hours - helping you make better staffing decisions.
Service Team Performance
Service Summary Report
- Run this for MTD to see how your Front of House staff performed regarding sales and their average check
- This view will help you Identify the lost sales and tip opportunity for your each employee and your entire business.
- Tip: Pin this report with fewer columns (sales, cover and check count, gross avg check, the difference from the average, lost sales and tip opportunity) to focus your attention on average check
Service Category Report
- We recommend running this report as a Trend for the last 4 weeks and include your servers to see a breakdown of sales for the major categories.
- Run this for yesterday and specifically your servers with Item per cover percentage to measure how much your server sells this item on average. Tip: Pin the visualization!
- Run this for Yesterday and Metrics Check Turn Time and Pin the columns to see tip percentage (Cover, Total Amt, Total Tip %)
- This is a great way to keep an eye on anyone having a tip percentage of 20 or below because the higher the tips could indicate better service. Additionally, low tip percentage consistently could indicate fewer amounts being claimed.
Party Size Report
- Run this report for Yesterday for your Server Employee Class and Pin the columns to see Check Turn Time (Cover, Gross Sales, Total/Average). Tip: Rename the Report to indicate Check Turn Time.
- This report allows you to monitor what kind of service your team is offering guests in regards to how fast or slow they are turning the tables.
- If you need to look further into this issue, you can select the name of the report, and view a breakdown of turn times based on party size.
BOH & Kitchen Solutions
Food Sales by Hour
- We recommend running this report for Yesterday to see an hourly breakdown of which categories of items sell at which times of the day.
- This will help your Kitchen understand what needs to be prepped on a daily basis. Over time, this will reduce the amount of waste that develops from unnecessary prepping incorrect items.
Item Sales COGS
- We recommend running this report for Yesterday, choosing all of the COGS metrics in the generator.
- Run this version of the Item Sales report to get an idea of what your theoretical cost metrics are on any given day for any item on your menu.
- We Recommend running the Labor Summary as a WTD report, to see your weekly Labor trends for the most important Labor Metrics, such as Labor as a % of gross sales, to make sure you are hitting your goals.
- We recommend running this report as a WTD (week to date) report, to help you track your Labor and keep an eye on potential Overtime. This can help you make necessary adjustments before the peak times of the day (or week) in an effort to avoid overtime.