Compare Group Performance to Budget
Keeping an eye on your budget is crucial to ensuring your business meets budgetary goals. It's unlikely that you will beat your budget all year long. Typically, you will see some peaks and valleys as business changes.
The Group Budget to Actual report allows you to see the variance between the budget and your actual numbers. You can then use this insight to make the appropriate changes before your period is over.
This article will discuss the following topics:
Running a Group Budget to Actual Report
The Group Budget to Actual report is located under the Finance heading in Avero. Make sure you have your budget details entered before attempting to run this report. Otherwise, this report will not generate. To run the Group Budget to Actual report, complete the following steps.
- Choose which businesses you would like to include in your comparison report.
- Choose the week of data you want to compare.
- Lastly, choose whether you want to compare gross or net sales.
Every Avero report has a unique Report Generator to help you filter your results using metric filters. This is the meat of your report. Each report within Avero has a defined number of metrics that can be included in one report. We have defined all of the metric options on the Metrics page.Once you've made your choices, hit Go. For instructions on how to utilize the Report Generator, reference this article.
Using Attributes and Tags
Attributes and Tags are fully customizable and will help you organize all of the businesses within your enterprise, into distinct groups based on similar characteristics.
Example: if a "Region" attribute is selected, then the next step would be to select the specific region you want to analyze. Once selected, the businesses with that pertain to that specific region will group together. Tags will then extract businesses from that grouping.
To learn more about attributes and tags, reference this article.
Viewing the Group Budget to Actual Report
When you run a Group Budget to Actual report, you will receive your data in the format of a table. When viewing the table, keep the following in mind:
- The businesses and budget metrics will be listed on the left-hand side, displayed in rows.
- You'll see the Actual amounts for each metric followed by Budget Variance, Prior Year actuals, and the variance from the prior year.
- Avero breaks down this information even further by showing the WTD (week to date), MTD (month to date), QTD (quarter to date), and YTD (year to date) totals in each category and budget detail.
Get this report delivered weekly:
Set up an Email Schedule...
Click the Envelope to set up an email schedule.
...Or Pin it to your Dashboard.
Click the Speedometer to add to your Dashboard. (hint: make sure you've chosen a trended or dynamic date type).