Group Category & Item Sales Report (PMIX)
Keeping a close eye on your business' sales is crucial to driving initiatives within your organization. This report will allow you to compare sales of Categories and/or Items across your multiple locations.
By identifying your best-selling items across your locations you will be able to accomplish the following:
- Compare and contrast specific Category and/or Item sales across all your locations or a select group of your businesses
- Determine whether your businesses should have different menus based on the buying habits of their guests.
- Identify potential areas for improvement at different locations and track their progress
- Encourage Sales competition within your locations
- Identify opportunities to leverage your buying power with your vendors.
In this article, the following topics will be discussed:
Running a Group Category & Item Sales Report
The Group Category & Item Sales Report will allow you to compare sales of Categories and/or Items across your multiple locations. To access the report, click on the Sales heading in the sidebar of Avero and select Group Category & Item Sales from the drop-down menu.
Like every Avero report, the Group Category & Item Sales report has a unique Report Generator to help you filter your results. Once you've made your choices, hit the Go button.
For instructions on how to utilize the Report Generator, reference this article.
Using Attributes and Tags
Attributes and Tags are fully customizable and will help you organize all of the businesses within your enterprise, into distinct groups based on similar characteristics.
Example: if a "Region" attribute is selected, then the next step would be to select the specific region you want to analyze. Once selected, the businesses with that pertain to that specific region will group together. Tags will then extract businesses from that grouping.
To learn more about attributes and tags, reference this article.
This is the meat of your report. Each report within Avero has a defined number of metrics that can be included in one report. We have defined all of the metric options on the Metrics page.
Revenue Center, Meal Period, and Order Type Filters
After selecting the Date filter, you can choose to drill into sales by Revenue Center, Meal Period, or Order Type. These filters are reflective of your POS configuration and will allow you to make your reports more specific.
Example: you can use these filters to understand your dining room sales (RVC Filter) during dinner (Meal Period Filter) that were to-go orders (Order Type Filter).
Viewing the Group Category & Item Sales Report
The Group Category & Item Sales report provides a visualization as a bar graph. When viewing the bar graph, keep the following in mind:
- A bar for each location will be displayed
- Each color of the bar will represent a different category.
- Hovering over each Bar within the graph will reveal additional information about each Category.
- Click on the colored circles at the top of the graph next to the category names to remove categories from the visual.
Below the Bar Graph, the Group Category & Item Sales report will display your report in a table format. When viewing the table, keep the following in mind:
- Businesses will be listed as columns across the top of the report.
- Sales categories will be listed down the left side of the report.
- Use the + and - signs to expand and collapse categories of interest.
- The average cover and check counts for the time frame will be displayed in the report and totaled at the bottom.
Get this report automatically:
Set up an Email Schedule...
Click the Envelope to set up an email schedule.
...or Pin it to your Dashboard.
Click the Speedometer to add to your Dashboard. (hint: make sure you've chosen a trended or dynamic date type).